Everyday Herbalism Workshop Series –
Easy & Affordable Ways To Nourish & Heal With Herbs Daily
Brought to you by the Nelson Women’s Centre and the Kootenay School of Herbal Medicine as part of the Healthy Women, Healthy Communities Workshop Series.
We believe that everyone can learn how to identify, ethically harvest and then, safely use at least a couple of local herbs and mushrooms. And we’d love to show you how.
From these three workshops, you’ll learn how to :
- Use local herbs to heal and thrive as food, medicine and teacher
- Cook with wild foods to add superior nutrition and incredible flavours to your food
- Experiences from 1 new father about how he supported his partner’s pregnancy and birth using herbal remedies
- Tips to identifying local herbs and which wild Spring greens to eat
- Combine local herbs to deeply relax your body, mind and spirit so you can feel the peace in your heart
- Have a deeper and more intimate connection with Nature and the plant world all around you
Cost: All workshops are By-Donation with a suggested donation of $5-10 per workshop. No one will be turned away due to a lack of funds.
All profits will go to the Nelson Women’s Center.
Herbal Help through Pregnancy and Beyond
Weds. Apr. 25, 2018
6 – 8 pm
You’ll learn about:
- Nourishing herbal teas to drink during pregnancy
- Body oils for belly and breast care
- Birth preparation tonics
- Supportive after-birth herbs