Drop-in Program Coordinator Required
The Nelson and District Women’s Centre requires a Drop-in Program Coordinator for 14 hours per week. The Women’s Centre is a feminist organization that has been in operation since 1972. The Program Coordinator will work with the Executive Director, volunteer coordinator and the Board (Coordinating Collective) to perform related duties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create a safe and welcoming space in the drop-in.
- Provide support, counseling and referrals to women who utilize the drop-in.
- Maintain free-store and food donations.
- Report monthly to Coordinating Collective.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Excellent communication and “people skills”.
- Well-organized and self-directed.
- Counseling skills and experience.
- Knowledge of services available in the community.
- Knowledge of cycles of domestic violence and experience working with women fleeing violent relationships.
- Access to a vehicle.
- Ability to balance variety of competing demands.
This position will commence in early November. This is a permanent part-time employee position, rate of pay is $17/hour, plus $1.15/hour health benefits. Hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays afternoons, and may include occasional evening or weekend hours for meetings and events. Availability for bi-weekly staff meetings Tuesdays and Wednesday mornings.
To apply, send cover letter outlining relevant experience and a current resume. Applications will be accepted by email at email@example.com or by mail to 420 Mill Street, Nelson BC, V1L 4R9.
Application deadline is Wednesday, November 1, 2017, with the first round of interviews scheduled starting November 1st 2017.